Monday 22 June 2015

SCOTT Speakers

These are my SCOTT 176B speakers made in Woburn Massechusetts USA.
Bought off a friend in the 70's along with a Scott amplifier, tape deck and tuner. Only the speakers have stayed the course and the reason for that is that they are darned good. I have since partnered them with a Dual amplifier, which lasted me for about twenty years and I have them now set up with an Arcam A65 plus amp and they still sound great. But it was only when I decided to upgrade from an old but good belt drive Dual 505 turntable To a Thorens TD150 mk 11 that these speakers really began to sing.
 You don't see these speakers around very much, occasionally on Ebay and I believe the Scott company has long gone, which is a pity because these babies are good.
My next project is to change the Arcam for a Quad 33 Pre-amp and 405-2 Power Supply and then I shall find out if the Speakers are still up to the pace. More to follow on this later.... See here.

1 comment:

baowah said...

I have a pair too, really good boxes.